Addleheading For Life

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Best Kissing Scene Ever

This is the best kissing scene I have ever seen in a movie:



It's from Amelie.
Ok.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am no sucker for romance movies. Most of the time I think they're stupid and trite and boring and dumb and make-me-wanna-barf.
But this one is so beautiful. Beautiful in every single way. It's an enchanting movie and has renewed my hope that falling in love can be magical.
If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It is in French, so be warned you have to read subtitles. But really, hearing the French language makes it all the more romantic. This is the second movie in French I've watched within the past two weeks or so, and I gotta admit...it's a gorgeous language. I don't know what the hell they're saying sans the subtitles but they could be reading me the phone book and I don't think I'd care much.
I've been watching a lot of foreign movies lately. They're sort of better than the American crap that's out now. A lot of these films I've seen affirm the imagination. Which I love. You don't see that too often in American movies. It's all about reality (I mean, unless you're watching Harry Potter or something).
...Haha. Maybe I need to move to a different country.
Anyway. Back to this movie. Amelie. It was great. Even if you don't like romance movies, even if you don't like foreign films you can certainly appreciate the gorgeous cinematography. It is truly a beautifully photographed movie. The color is fabulous too. Wonderful, memorable characters. And it's whimsical and light-hearted but still thoroughly engrossing. AND the score is phenomenal. So much so I think I have to get it.
I also think I need a copy of Amelie for myself too.
I love good movies.
They're kind of rare.

Anyway.
It's Halloween!!
I didn't have anything to do this Halloween. No parties or anything to go to so I didn't dress up. Although, I would have really liked an excuse to go as Indiana Jones. Haha! I went back and forth about dressing up and what to be...
I didn't want to go as Harry Potter. That seemed a little too obvious.
I mean, I go around wearing normal clothes and people are still like, "Harry Potter?"
I thought about going as The Tomb Raider, just to go as something totally unexpected and uh...sexy maybe?
Then I remembered that I don't have something the Tomb Raider has...
Boobs.
So that was out.
Then I thought of Indiana Jones. A close, sexy cousin of the Tomb Raider yet no boobs are required.
But alas, I had no cause to dress up anyway. Oh well. Maybe next year. Hahaha...
Here I sit on Halloween night procrastinating. I should be writing a paper right now. But it was so important that I come and blog and tell you all what a great movie Amelie was and take you through my potential-Halloween-costumes-that-were-never-going-to-happen-anyway process.

...GREAT NEWS! I went grocery shopping today just to pick up a few essentials AND DORITOS ARE STILL BUY ONE GET ON FREE!!
Which is actually probably bad. Because Doritos are bad for you. And I probably shouldn't eat them. But what can I say? I love artificial flavor on my artificial tortilla chips. I guess I'm just an artificial sort of girl.

...So it's Halloween and the house across the street from my apartment has this sound effects CD playing. It's howling wind and screams and such. I KNOW it's Halloween. I KNOW it's a CD, but it's kind of unnerving me. I get freaked out on Halloween. I like it and all. I think it's fun and great. And who doesn't like to eat assloads of candy? But there's this part of me...that starts to think about the time of year and the lore of Halloween and the idea of the undead coming to earth and...the Michael Myers theme song plays in my head...
...my apartments kind of dark right now...and I'm all alone. Hope he's not hiding in my bathroom. Well, once again I'm not having sex or drinking or doing drugs or babysitting or anything which would probably killing me more interesting like it does in the movies.
Phew.
I think I'm safe guys. Rest easy tonight knowing that all I'm doing is blogging when I should be writing a paper.

I had a tuna sandwhich for dinner.
It was pretty dang good.
I like tuna a lot.
I also had Doritos.
And chocolate milk.
Mmmm...dinner of CHAMPIONS.
Speaking of chocolate milk...I think I want some more.
Nestle Quik is the best invention ever. As I was grocery shopping today, I wondered how it would taste if I combined the chocolate NesQuik with the stawberry NesQuik. Because if there's anything I like better than chocolate...it's chocolate with strawberries involved. It would either be totally disgusting or the best invention ever.
...You know what's really good?? NesQuik over ice cream. Specifically, NesQuik over vanilla ice cream. Don't believe me? Try it. I dare you. It tastes a little like eating cookie or brownie batter. So good.

What else should I talk about in this procrastination blog?
Oh yeah...
Girls confuse me.
Girls confuse me because I am gay and it is hard to decide if they are just being nice, or being flirty.
I don't get it.


Hm...
What else?

Oh yeah...
I've been thinking a lot about Gimpy. I hope he's ok. David said he's probably dead. Which is likely true. But sometimes David says things that make me sad. I wonder what would have happened if I would have put Gimpy into my bag and let him live on my porch while coaxing him back to health. and then when he was better we would have a really dramatic scene where he would fly away and I would cry. Or where I would tell him, "Just go, Gimpy! Just go! Fly away be free! You're free now!!!!"
Not unlike Free Willy...except instead of a magestic whale it's a ugly busted-ass pigeon.

...somewhere someone is playing "Sweet Trasvestite"

Anyway...back to Gimpy.
Gimpy, if you read this blog (Duh, I'm sure you do. I gave you the URL before I got on the train so I certainly HOPE you read this blog)...I'm thinking about you. If you ever want more cookie crumbs you can just come to my place and live in my porch. I know you can't fly so you may want to catch a cab. You don't live too far, so fare shouldn't be that awful. Or just hop on the train. Whatever. I got lots of crumbs you can have if you're sick of cookies. Hell, I'll even bake a cake, eat it...and let you eat the crumbs from that.


...ok. I really should go do this paper...this blog post is just starting to get sad...

1 comment:

Carly said...

I always hoped that when I chopped off my hair, it would look as cute as hers.... It didn't.