Addleheading For Life

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm Somebody!!!

You guys. Today is a fabulous day.

You want to know why?

Because after over a year of working at my place of employment...I FINALLY got a name tag.

Finally.

I am somebody.

And I am so excited to go to work on Friday and wear it all day long!

"Hi my name (as you can see from my name tag) is AMY and I am here to sell you some tickets!!!"

I feel ready to take on the world! I AMY have a name tag!!!!!!! I feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk when he got his name in the phone book!!

Check it out:



Things are going to start happening to me now!!!

Seriously, guys. Things are going to start happening to me now. And to think...all I needed for things to happen to me was a name tag.

I am so excited for work. I think I will be able to sell tickets better than I ever have before. Yes, I realize the majority of what I sell I sell over the phone and those people will never be able to see my name is AMY but...it's about how the name tag makes me FEEL...inside.
It's like the name tag affirms my existence as a customer service representative. It's like my name tag says, "Hi, I'm here to help you. And if you want to get snotty with me, feel free to read my name off my name tag and use it in a condescding manner." Like..
"Well, A-MY! I'd like to speak to your manager about this if you don't mind, A-MY!"
*Sigh*
I am so excited for my new name tag.
I'll try and take a picture with it and then post it so you can see me in all my name tag glory.
Pretty sure it's going to change my life and you're going to see me in a new light.
Like I bet when you see me now you're like, "Oh...look, it's just regular old Amy. What stupid crap is she going to blog about today?"
But I bet when you see me with my name tag you're going to be like, "OH MY GOD!! It's AMY! And she has on a name tag!! She must be so important! I bet she's going to tell us some really great stuff today in her blog!"

See guys?
The name tag benefits everyone.

No comments: