Addleheading For Life

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gorilla vs. Leopard

Ok guys, so I went on to youtube to try and find a clip of the show I saw about Giant Squids, because I realized how nerdy I sounded in the last post and wanted to prove how awesome it was (REALLY it was). But I couldn't find what I was looking for. And as usual with youtube, if you don't find what you're looking for, you usually find something equally, if not more awesome.

And it is so once more:



I stumbled upon buttloads of crappily animated animal death matches, the first being giant squid vs. sperm whale. It was good, but not quite as tight at this one right here.
I find it both disturbing and awesome that the gorilla kills the leopard by cracking it's spine. And that you pretty much see the leopard get cracked in half and that it's accompained by a horrible sound effect.
The thing I find most hilarious about this clip is that it's narrated by a British dude. As such, for a second you kind of believe that the death match, if not actually real because it's animated, is a least a close depiction of what would happen if a gorilla and leopard met. I mean, anything sounds reputable if narrated by a British dude. I espeically love the sequence where they show the muscles under the skin of the gorilla and leopard. That made me understand the deathmatch SO much better.
I think this show was made by a 13 year old boy who kind of knew how to make animations on a computer in 1993. Really, it was like watching someone play Donkey Kong. I half expected the British dude to say, "Right, so where the leopard went wrong in failing to dodge the barrell thrown by the gorilla. Looks like another fight well fought for the gorilla. The gorilla will live another day to throw barrells to protect itself from predators like upright walking alligators. It will continue to horde bananas with his pal Diddy Kong. And maybe one day, if we're lucky he will realize how unfashionable his red tie is. We can only hope, friends. I hope you've enjoyed this weeks episode of Masterpiece Theatre's Animal Deathmatch. Unitl then, I'm British, so you can believe everything I say. Chip, chip cheerio!"
P.S. The dramatic, electronic-keyboard made score that goes with this clip is also very comendable.
P.P.S. Slo-Mo, always awesome.
P.P.P.S. Really, someone should have given the gorilla a big, shiny gold belt like a pro-wrestler after this match.

No comments: