Addleheading For Life

Monday, February 18, 2008

What Happens When You Give A 9 Year Old A Camera

So recently, I've been working on getting non-digital pictures digitized. I came across the following set of photos and knew I had to share them with you all. These are from the very first camera I ever had. I was probably about 9 when I took these, the camera was very small and took 110 film.

If you give a 9 year old a camera...

...she will take pictures of her pet gerbil, Gymshoes. Yes. I named the gerbil Gymshoes. My logic in doing so was that he smelled. I was a special child.

If you give a 9 year old a camera...

...she will take pictures of her little brother doing strange things. Such pictures will cut off his entire body and some of his head, but include the Power Ranger Calendar on the wall behind him.

If you give a 9 year old a camera...

...she will take more pictures of her little brother doing strange things.

If you give a 9 year old a camera...

...she will take a picture of her dogs' butts and think she is really very funny and clever.

If you give a 9 year old a camera...

...she will take more pictures of her little brother doing strange things. What I love about this picture: a) That the name "Erika" is written on the guitar, apparently it belong to someone named "Erika" before coming into our possession. b) That my brother has scrawled the word "Mom" in crayola crayon on the body of the guitar as well. c) My brother's full body pajamas-hot. So priceless.

If you give a 9 year old a camera...

...she will take a ridiculous amount of pictures of her little brother doing stange things. What I love about this picture: a) He-Man sword. As I recall it had sound effects. b) My brother's very fashionable Lion King shirt. c)The fact that I have not the slightest clue what is going on here. But, apparently...we just got done watching a movie.

If you give a 9 year old a camera...

...she will attempt to take a picture of herself and her brother and this will be the result. What I love about this picture??
This:

Old habits die hard. The latter picture was taken just a few short months ago.

3 comments:

David A said...

Brilliant!

and..."Erika" even more brilliant.

Anonymous said...

wait...did you mean to take the exact same picture a couple months ago? that's really weird...HAPPY BABY!!

Anonymous said...

give a 9 year old a camera and in 13 years she will be cracking people up all over the world wide of web

little jimmy is so cute with his guitar!