Addleheading For Life

Friday, October 05, 2007

Whoa

So I already finished that book I bought. Jeanette Winterson is just amazing. I mean...you just have to read her stuff. The way she uses language is truly incredible. Sometimes I have to stop after reading a passage and catch my breath. Sometimes after reading a passage my mind is stunned to silence and I can only think, "whoa."
Basically, if my writing is ever .000000001% as good as Jeanette Winterson's...I could die a happy woman.
Here's one of my favorite pieces from the book:
"I say I'm love with her. What does that mean?
It means I review my future and my past in the light of this feeling. It is as though I wrote in a foreign language that I am suddenly able to read. Wordlessly, she explains me to myself.
Like a genius, she is ignorant of what she does."
-Jeanette Winterson from The Passion

....amazing.











...ok, but I totally need to go back to the bookstore and flirt with cutie now, right guys??
You didn't think I could actually post a post without saying something remotely smart ass-ish, did you guys?

No comments: