Addleheading For Life

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Getting Excited and Peeing A Little

So the other day I saw this dog and it was little and cute and I started to pet it and the dog got so excited about the attention it just up and peed a little.

Just a little. Not too much at all. Just enough to say, "Hey, I'm really happy you stopped to say hello and I'm expressing that expelling a small amount of my bladder. Did I mention I love you?"

This led me to ponder several things:
a) Should I be flattered or disgusted that I made a dog so happy it peed a little?
b) What would I do if when my dog got excited she peed a little? Would I still love her? I think I might never pet for fear of constantly smelling like urine.
c) How do you keep a clean house if you have a dog that pees a little when excited? What happens if you have an exceptionally happy dog? Does having a happy dog then turn into a curse because the dog pees a little every time it's happy? Would your life turn into a constant "stream" (yeah, that pun was intended) of pet urine remover and Brawny? If you had a dog that peed a little when happy would you deprive them of squeaky hamburgers in an attempt to keep them sad and dry?
d) What would happen if people peed a little when they got excited?? Here are some examples:

"The pizza guy is here! And I'm so excited about my pepperoni pizza I just peed a little!"
"I just won fifty dollars. It's so great I just peed a little."
"The orthodontist told me my braces can come off and I'm so excited I'll finally be able to get a date that I just peed a little!"

Ok, so maybe if you were a person who peed a little when excited you wouldn't necessarily announce it so much as buy yourself a package of depends.

For whatever reason I am really intrigued by this concept of happiness/excitement and peeing a little.

I'm really glad I'm not a dog and that I can control my bladder in happiness.

However, there is something to be said for being so happy you just can't "contain" yourself. But there is also something to be said for not smelling like pee.

Wouldn't it be funny if people peed when happy? You certainly couldn't hide it. Or fake it. Ha. It would probably make people a lot more honest. Examples:

"That's really great, honey. But not great enough to make me a pee a little."
"I just can't lie. I should let you know I'm really excited, as you can see...I just peed a little."

Really, all I wanted to accomplish with this post was to say "pee a little/peed a little" as much as possible. I think its a really funny combination of words.

Hope your day was so great you would pee a little if it were socially acceptable.

4 comments:

Anne said...

LMAO!!! You crack me all up. So funny I think I may have peed a little! Happy Thanksgiving.

skinnylittleblonde said...

I'm with Anne, you are too funny.
Thank goodness none of my dogs have this affliction, however a girlfrineds Momma does pee, just a little, everytime she giggles.

Anonymous said...

thank you for writing that second to last paragraph...because i was going to make the comment if you didn't. actually, i'm going to make it anyway. i've never seen "pee" or "pee a little" so many times, possibly in my life. and on that note...happy thanksgiving friend!

Anonymous said...

hope i get to see you saturday friend...i miss you hardcore! (is that one word or two?)