Addleheading For Life

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Amy's High School Musical

So I was thinking...if I don't get a chance to produce my gay-er version of High School Musical, or if I don't get a chance to produce "High School Musical's Spring Awakening" maybe I could write my own High School Musical. A High School Musical based on my own high school experiences.
Hmm...
Here's a song list:
1) When My Boyfriend Puts His Hand on My Knee, It Makes Me Feel Uncomfortable (Am I Gay?...No Way)
2) I Just Got Cast In The Musical as a Boy And I'm Really Excited About It (Could I be Gay...Naw)
3) We Can Dress Up As Old Movie Stars? I Call James Cagney! (Holy crap...I'm in drag!...Am I gay?...Nooooo, Couldn't Be. That's Crazy!)
4) Please Don't Let My Boyfriend Kiss Me/Gotta Jump Out of the Car Before He Can (What's Wrong With Me?...I Don't Think I'm Straight)
5) A Girl I Have A Strong Admiration For Just Grabbed My Arm and I Felt All Tingle-y Inside (Does This Mean I'm Gay?)
6) Oh God I'm Gay (Crap. I Knew It All Along)
7) Telling Your Ex-Boyfriend/Best Friend You're Gay Is Hard To Do
8) Thank God For the Internet. Google "How To Come Out" Rule of Thumb: Don't Come Out in a Moving Vehicle. Well Noted.
9) Mom, I Think...Maybe...I Think Maybe...It's a Kind Of Possibility...That I Sort Of Could...That I Sort Of Could Maybe Possibly Think That I'm Gay.
10) She Asked Me To Not Give Up On Boys. So I won't Give Up on Boys Even Though I've Already Given Up On Boys.
12) I Can't Wait for Graduation So I Can Go To College
13) In College I Hear Lesbians Rain From The Sky
14) What If My Roommate's Gay and We Fall In Love?
And The Finale...
15) I'm Gay, I'm Gay and I Don't Care Who Knows It (But Maybe I Shouldn't Sing This Song So Loudly)

...oh, High School. I'm glad you're over.

So Audra sent me this quiz to do to figure out what my "rising sign" is from this astrology website. But you had to join the website to take the quiz. So now almost everyday, I get little emails from this place. I just delete them, but they're kind of funny. Here are some that I've received in the past few days:
-Will You Fall in Love? (Ok, I can't lie, I opened this one. But they wanted money. I kinda thought there would just be a yes/no type of thing in the email. But it was like: Give us money for your FREE reading. Um. I don't like the sound of that.)
-Ride the Road To Wisdom
-Make Beautiful Numerals Together (This one sounded dirty. So I deleted it straight-away)

QUOTE OF THE DAY (all of the following come from conversations today in the box office)

MAN: Do you have any tickets for tonight?
ME: I've only got one left.
MAN: One? You're kidding me! Well, can my girlfriend just sit in my lap?
ME: Unfortunately, no.
MAN: Who buys one ticket? Who goes alone?
ME: Well, we actually had two earlier this morning, so...someone.
MAN: Hell, maybe I should buy that other ticket. Maybe it's a lonely woman. Leave my girlfriend at home. Ha. Well, my luck it will be a gay man.

WOMAN AT WINDOW WITH BOOBS HANGING OUT A BAD FAKE TAN AND PEROXIDE BLONDE HAIR AND A LEOPARD PRINT SHIRT: Um, hi...is there a drug store in walking distance that has uh...like...that would sell...um...that would sell..like...uhh...adult products too?
WHAT I WANTED TO SAY: You mean like rubbers and lube? (Haha...that was really vulgar)
WHAT I DID SAY: There's a Jewel-Osco across the street.

WOMAN AT THE WINDOW: We, of course, have our tickets for High School Musical...

(Phone rings)
ME: Box Office, this is Amy how may I help you?
MAN ON PHONE: You're looking good today.

No comments: