Addleheading For Life

Friday, May 23, 2008

Working in The Box With David

So David and I were talking about scary movies. He was talking about trying to convince a friend to go see a scary movie with him. David was sad because much like me, said friend doesn't really like scary movies. Well here is where I should point that THIS is the movie David tried to convince me and his friend to go see:



Um...No.
No.
I will not pay 8.50 to hide in my hoodie.
Like I've said before I can do the ghost/supernatural/psychological scary movie. I can not deal with people wearing masks sneaking into houses to play games with and eventually kill the people inside the houses.
Can.
Not.
Do.
If I do then I will see people in the dark corners of my room late at night with butcher knives, poised and ready wreck havoc on my entrails all for laughs. I have too much to do in life, I cannot die at 22 at the hands of psychopath.
Anyway. So this happened:

DAVID: So he told me if we went to see it he'd have to hold my hand. And then he said he'd have to squeeze my hand. And I was like, 'Well, yeah me too!'
ME: You should always go see a scary movie with a love interest it's an excuse to hold their hand.
DAVID: I know right? 'I'm going to have hold you hand.'
ME: 'Um. Hi, I'm Amy. I'm going to have to sit in your lap.'
DAVID: 'I'm going to have to clutch your arm.'
ME: 'I'm going to have to clutch...you.'
DAVID: 'I'm going to need to be cradled...like a baby'
*Insert me pantomiming with sound effects being afraid of a movie and clutching and invisible person whose lap I am sitting in*
*David and I cracking up*
ME: Why don't we have a TV show?



So I'm pretty much over my annoying sickness. But there are still some vestiges of it that remain. My voice isn't totally back to normal, I sneeze and cough occasionally. And sometimes I make noises that are in between a cough and clearing of the throat.

*I make such noise*
*David turns and stares at me and gives me the gross face*

*I make such noise a few moments later*
*David turns and stares at me and gives me the gross face*
DAVID: You're like a horse. Just making occasional random noises.
*I laugh and delighting in the notion that I could be a horse start to make horse noises. David gives me the "oh no you didn't" face*
DAIVD: No.


So...apparently there's a big bag of shelled peanuts in the upstairs office. David brought down a cup full and asks me if I want a peanut. I say yes and he gives me some.
ME: Oh. They have shells.
DAVID: Yeah, is that ok?
ME: Oh yeah. It's just weird. Did we hire and elephant or something?
DAVID: Yeah, haven't you heard?
ME: No. I haven't met him yet. What's his name?
DAVID: Stampy. We love him.
ME: Aw. It's sweet we're being diverse and hiring elephants. Where does he work?
DAVID: Marketing.

*CUT TO*

David had gone upstairs to talk to someone. I am sitting alone in the box on the phone with a costumer. Suddenly, something comes flying through the box window. I try and ignore it and continue with the order. Something flies through the window again. I assume David is shooting rubber bands at me because he was doing so earlier for about 10 minutes. I suddenly see David at the window, grinning as he throws another what I figured out were peanuts through the window at me. He comes through the door cracking up.
DAVID: I thought you'd think Stampy was coming to visit.
He walks in the door and we start to pick up the peanuts from the floor. We find two. We know there were more than that. David walks back to his desk
*Insert sound effect of peanut crunching under his foot*
DAVID: Found it.

No comments: