Addleheading For Life

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Annoying Sick

I am annoying sick.

Meaning...I mostly feel fine, I can go to work and generally exist in the world but my throat is all swollen, my nose is stuffed, I'm sneezing, I have sinus pressure and my eyes feel all goobery.

Annoying sick.

What's annoying about being annoying sick?

Well, you're not really sick. So you not only still have to do stuff (like work, chores, going out) but you sorta want to do stuff. It's not like being totally wiped out and unable to move. BUT people look at you funny and are like, "Stay at least 10 feet away" because between the constant sneezing and the goobery eyes you look about ready to pass on something deadly.

What else is annoying about being annoying sick?

Well, I constantly want to drink cause my throat it sore. So I do because liquids are also good for you but this also leads to the constant need to pee. Seriously, I am peeing like Seabiscuit every half an hour and I'm sure that's more than you ever wanted to know about my bladder habits.

What else is annoying about being annoying sick?

I hope it's not leading to being laid out sick. I don't get sick all that often. I am not the type of person that can normally spend copious hours of the day sleeping so I know I'm sick when all I do is sleep and so far that hasn't happened yet.

So phew.

Being annoying sick, I did about the only thing a person can do while annoying sick:

Picked up two movies and frozen Amy's Mexican Enchilada bowl and cuddled up on the couch with my favorite blanket.

At any rate I hope this little thing goes away stat and does not develop because being annoying sick is...well, annoying.


In other news after many people telling me I have to see these two movies I watched Before Sunrise and Before Sunset in a two movie romance night extravaganza.
They weren't bad.
But the way people talk about these movies I expected to be blown away.
I'm sorry but I'll take Amelie any day over this stuff.
Not that they're not decent well-written and well-acted movies. I just think Amelie:
a) Holds much more true to my own ideas/hopes/dreams/whatevers about love.
b) Is way more fun.
c) Doesn't take itself as seriously as these movies do.
d) Is much more imaginative. And you may say to me, "Yes, Amy, but Before Sunset/Sunrise is much more realistic." And sure, I'll give you that. But I'm an imaginative person with strange things constantly playing in my head so for me, the imaginative is much more true than the realistic.

CONCLUSION: AMELIE PWNS ALL ROMANCE MOVIES. EVER.

Seriously. I did not like romance movies until I saw Amelie because no romance movie I saw-gay or straight-spoke to that type of love I wanted or saw for myself. Seriously, guys. Watching that movie was akin to figuring out I was gay. I watched it and was literally like, "Oh my god. It does exist."

I appreciate Before Sunset/Sunrise for their cinematic value. But they do not speak to me as a human.
Sorry.

That's my story on that.

I just took and Advil Cold and Sinus which I'm pretty sure is Awesomeness in tablet form but also has the ability to do strange things to my body and mind so I am sorry if this post is weird and/or doesn't make sense.

AND SINCE I'm talking about weird things happening to my body it's also worth it to mention here that I once again proved my absolute and total INABILITY to hold alcohol. I think I mentioned it vaguely earlier, but the night Sehaj and Meghan were over they had the same amount to drink as me and held it together like classy, sophisticated adults. I on the other hand...put on a cowboy hat and had a hard time walking a straight line to the bathroom (more like a wide arc). Troubles speaking. Troubles getting Sehaj and Meghan to take me seriously for the hour or two I was tipsy. Troubles taking myself seriously. I kept telling them, "Guys, I'm sorry. I'm so bad at college. I am so bad at college. You think I could handle two drinks. I am. So bad. At college." They spent the better part of the evening laughing and making fun of me. It's okay. I deserved it. Because it's also worth mentioning while drinking the two drinks I drunk I was also:
a) Eating food.
b) Drinking water.
Seesh.
I am totes classy.
Cheap date. That's what everyone keeps telling me.
Great.
Great.
Great.
It's not that I want to be able to drink eight drinks in one night and be fine. But you know...the ability to have more than one without the consequence of making an ass of myself would be nice. I'm just saying. For life. In general.


...What else is annoying about being annoying sick?

You have no where to go or nothing to do because you feel the need to sit home alone so as not to spread your disease and end up writing blog posts that probably go are a little too long-winded, a little too detailed and a little too ridiculous.
Oh well.
Here's to being annoying sick...

No comments: