Addleheading For Life

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Heck Yes

So..it's not news that I absolutely loathe clothes shopping. It's frustrating to try and find things that fit me. But mostly, it's frustrating to try and find clothes that fit me- as in things I feel comfortable moving around the world in, things that suit my style, my personality. The frustration lies in the fact that clothes that fit me personally lie somewhere in between the girls and boys section. My wardrobe comes from both places. And as much as I'm comfortable in my skin and cool with who I am-it's mildly awkward to shop in the little boy's section of Kohl's for jeans and then run to the dressing room to try said jeans on.
Most of the time, everything works out ok and I end up finding something close to what I need or want.
However, it is the most difficult when occasions come where I have to be "dressed up."
I don't wear dresses.
I don't wear skirts.
There's nothing wrong with them. God knows how a classy dame in an elegant gown sets my heart a flutter. They just ain't my thing.
Wearing such clothes to me feels a little like being in drag.
ANYWAY!
"Dressed up" times are hard for me because it's real hard to find that comfortable "in between" space for me on such occasions.
Anyway I'm skirting the issue here. Pun intended.
Long story short...I had to get dressed up Friday for a big event at work and well, let's just say...I nailed it...



Now, anyone who knows me will tell you I am not vain at all nor egotistical.
BUT
Have you ever had a moment where you put something on and you're just like, "Damn! Not only do I look FINE in this but I also feel FINE in this!"??
Yeah?? You know what I'm talking about?? And you can't help but smile to yourself because you know how good you LOOK and how good you FEEL looking that GOOD and like what you're wearing just feels so right???
That's what putting on this suit felt like to me.
And those moments are very few and far between for me.
Like-I know I'm a good looking chick it's not that I think I'm un-good looking. But it's just hard sometimes finding that balance of lookin' so good and feelin' so good at the same time.
Boy howdy did I find it Friday.
I've always wanted to wear a suit and tie.
I don't know why it took me so long to get up the guts to do it.
But you can best be sure I will be rocking this style much more.
Hell yes.
Man, it was all I could do to not wear this to go grocery shopping the other day.
Ok. Done sounding conceited. Well no-I don't think it's conceited. Because for me wearing this outfit was less about how god damn hot I looked (kidding) and more about how awesome I felt in it. So that's all. I just had to share my jubilation over the discovery of ties and how they are now an asset to my wardrobe. That's all.
P.S. An extra special thank you to David for photoshopping the tub of Kitty Litter that was in the background out of the original.



Ok. On a different note. I would like to say a Happy Mamas Day to one and all who celebrate.
This is my Mama's tree in our backyard. It has just started to bloom. It hasn't peaked yet and I'll try and post some pictures when that happens and also try and get some with better light (it was real nasty here today). Every year this tree surprises me with it's loveliness:

This tree is beautiful.
My Mama is beautiful.
That's all I have to say about that.



QUOTE OF THE DAY OR A LITTLE TASTE OF MOVING BACK HOME WITH THE BOYS
(We are in the car driving to my grandma's)
ME: I don't really like Sushi. But I've only had it once. I've heard you need to have it more than once to develop a taste for it.
DAD: You know what's funny is that they ones you think would be disgusting are actually the best.
ME: So don't get the tuna one, get the one with eel heads?
DAD: Eel is so good. It's one of my favorites.
JIMMY: I want to try the one you could die from eating.
(Pause)
(Pause)
ME: Pufferfish?
JIMMY: Yeah!
DAD: Great. I'm making it for you tomorrow night!
ME: And he will use a butter knife to prepare it.
(Me and Dad laugh)
JIMMY: Jerks!

No comments: