Addleheading For Life

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Old People Quotes of the Day

OLD LADY AT THE WINDOW: Well thank you so much. I'm so excited to see this show. This is just great.
ME: Well I'm glad. Have a good day.
OLD LADY AT THE WINDOW: What did you say your name was?
ME: Amy.
(She writes it down)
OLD LADY AT THE WINDOW: Aaamy. Like Amy from Little Women!!
ME: Exactly.

(Phone rings. I pick it up)
OLD LADY: Hi Amy. I just talked to you. I'm on your website and I'm trying to see your seating chart and I'm not too good at this so I can't find it...
ME: OK. Are you on our main page?
OLD LADY:Your main page? What's that?
ME: www.theatreiworkat.com
OLD LADY: Well I just put into theatreiworkat.com I didn't do the www does that make a difference?
ME: It shouldn't. Do you see at the top where it says "Box Office"?
OLD LADY: No. I don't see it anywhere. It doesn't say "Box Office" anywhere.
ME: What does the page you're looking at look like?
OLD LADY: (Describes our main page)
ME: Ok, you are on our main page so at the very top in white lettering you should see the word "Box Office"...it's on a black bar...
OLD LADY: I'm telling you it's not here. I don't see anything with white lettering!
ME: Way at the top? It's there.
(Pause)
OLD LADY: I see it says..."Box Office, School of Performing Arts"...
ME: Right. Roll your mouse over where it says "Box Office."
OLD LADY: Ok.
ME: You'll see a little red menu appear as a drop down box. There's a link that says "Box Office Services"
OLD LADY: I don't see that.
ME: If you roll your mouse over Box Office...do you see the little red menu?
OLD LADY: Yes.
ME: OK, box office services is the third from the top. Roll your mouse over that.
OLD LADY: OK. Now there's another thing here...
ME: That's another drop down menu. The second from the bottom is a link to our seating chart. Click on that and our chart should pop up.
(Pause)
(Pause)
OLD LADY: It's not working. It's going away!
ME: OK, so you roll over box office-
OLD LADY: I see on the side where it says seating chart but when I click it it doesn't go anywhere and it just goes away!! It's not working.
ME: Well it's working for me. Let me see if I can figure out what your problem is. So you see the drop down menu for box office, you go to box office services and there's another drop down menu...
OLD LADY: It's not working!
(Now I realize that she's not keeping her mouse rolled over the drop down menu to keep it activated long enough to click the link)
ME: OK, try this...Go to Box Office and just click on box office service.
(Pause)
OLD LADY: OK...
ME: Ok, you should see a page that says "Box Office" under that will be several bullet points...
OLD LADY: It still is going away!
ME: Ok. Roll over box office. Do you see the red box?
OLD LADY: Yes.
ME: Down near the bottom you should see one for Box Office Services. Do you see that?
OLD LADY: Yes.
ME: Click that.
OLD LADY: OK.
ME: Ok. Now. You should see a page that says "Box Office" at the top. Underneath will be several bullet points. The third had a link to our seating chart.
(Pause)
OLD LADY: I don't see it. It's not here.
ME: It's there. The third bullet point down. It's red. You can click on it. It says "Seating Chart Viewable Here"....
(Pause)
(Pause)
OLD LADY: Oh.
(Pause)
OLD LADY: Oh. OK. Now I see it. Thank you dear.
Click.

Amy Cornelius: Teaching old people to use the internet since 2006.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a laugh out loud blog amy - good job

-- kelly

Anonymous said...

omg, i wanted to strangle the old lady halfway through that conversation. you have the patience of a saint.