Addleheading For Life

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sugar-less NeqQuik Powder??! Oh, Fie!!

So I think my Shakespeare class is really getting to me. Fie is my new favorite word.
So I went grocery shopping on my way home from work last night, traffic was bad, it was slick out and I missed my turn for the Jewel, so I ended up just saying, "Screw, I just need the basics, I'll just go to the obscenely large Target by my house."
So I did.
It was packed.
I'm not a big fan of "shopping" when I'm not buying books. When it comes to purchasing "not books" I like to get in and out as quickly as possible.
But the Target was jammed. Jammed with tons of people. Jammed with tons of people plus their 6 kids.
It was madness.
So, I'm trying to grab what I need...
Bread
Milk (I decided to switch back to 2%...Skim freaks me out when I pour it because it just looks watered down. And I used a little to make pasta sauce the other day...diasterous.)
Frozen Burritos (Don't judge)
Fixings to make basic Nachos.
And of course...Nesquik powder because I was out.
Here I made a fatal error. I just grabbed the yellow carton with the bunny off the shelf, stopping only to make sure it was "chocolate" and then high tailed it to the check-out. Later that night when I fixed myself a glass of chocolate milk, I realized my mistake.

I bought sugar-less NesQuik.
Um.
Ew.
Want to know what made it worse?
I had to finish off that gallon of skim milk I had.
So I had a glass of chocolate milk made with sugar-less NesQuik and skim milk. Life seemed so sense-less at that moment.
Want to know what's gross?
When I put the powder in the milk, it just sat on top, it didn't sink to the bottom like it usually does, and it didn't stir in right away either.
That's really gross.
Fie on you sugar-less NeqQuik. Fie! You shouldn't exist because girls with a chocolate addiction can mistakenly put you in their cart while trying to shop and get out of the congested Target.


So, speaking of Shakespeare...I have to find a scene to do. I actually have to play a woman this time (nuts). To be fair, thus far, I have played women...I did Joan of Arc and she's a chick who kicked ass, and this past scene I played Viola cross-dressed as man, but this time I have to be a woman not in battle or cross-dressed. The Ophelia-Hamlet, "get thee to a nunnery" scene is a possibility.
Sweet.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
AUDRA (Said in the "chicken-ghetto" voice): They don't know it yet but I'm triple threat mo'fo'.

Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best quote ever!