Addleheading For Life

Friday, November 16, 2007

No More Hair

...I just cut off all my hair.
I went in, sat down, the stylist asked me what I wanted...I said "Cut it all off." I told her to leave a little on the top for me to style and that's what she did.
I told her everyone tells me I look like Harry Potter and I was sick of it.
She said, "Well now you gonna look like Harry Potter with a hair cut!"
And it's true.
I'm not quite sure how I feel about my hair yet.
Even though my hair was short to begin with...now it's...REALLY short. It's really different.
It's going to take time to get used to.

MY HAIR IS GONE!!!!!!!

Well, I've been wanting to do it for a long time. Now I've done it. I wasn't going to be happy until I did it. Now it's done. Whether or not I will keep it this way remains to be seen.

Oh man.
My hair is gone.
...and my ears stick out a little.
On the immediate good side- it's really fun to touch.

Oh well...at the very least I'm an Italian with thick dark hair...give it a month and it will be right back to where it was-Shaggy meets Harry Potter.

So the other day I was walking to the el and it wasn't freezing but it was as cold as it's been. So, I see this mom and daughter walking towards me and the daughter is 10 kinds of bundled up. So much so, that about all I can see is her big brown eyes. So, I smile at her and she puts in the effort to lift her arm with the massive weight of layers and wave at me. It pretty much made my day.

Today this old lady called inquiring about tickets for A Christmas Carol. I was probably on the phone with her for 15 minutes. No joke. Not because she was confused, not because she was bitching at me...but just because she wanted to talk to me. She went on and on about the multiple restraunts they could eat at, she told me again and again about the friends she was taking to see the show from the retirement home...and at one point she goes..."You know Amy, I've talked to you before and I gotta say you're just so nice and have a very nice and easy manner of speaking." Then she went on to talk to me for another 10 minutes. I explained things to her over and over again. I don't think she didn't understand, I think she just wanted something to do. She wasn't ready to order tickets yet, she said she still had to speak to her friends. She said she'd call next week and asked what days I was working so she could talk to me again. She told me again how nice I was. At the end of this conversation, I felt like I should bring cake and coffee over to her house.
So...in case you're keeping track. Here are the top three types of "people" Amy makes friends with:
a) Kids.
b) The very old
c) Pigeons
...I am awesome.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
(On whether or not she should answer the question: "What is your sexual orientation?" on a survey she was filling out)
CARLY: Why not?...I like the penis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

d) the homeless