Addleheading For Life

Friday, November 23, 2007

Old Lady Admirer

So I think someone is love with me.
Remember that old lady I talked to the other day who told me how nice I was?
...she called the box office the other day looking for me. I wasn't working that day and she asked when I would be working so she could call and talk to me. She went on and on about how nice I was and what great friends we were.
...yikes. I hope it doesn't break her heart, but I'm really not interested.
I mean, don't get me wrong...I like older woman. But by older woman I mean mid to late 20s. Not...uh...80.

So now it looks like the list of "people who want to be Amy's significant other" can now be listed as:
a)homeless men
b)random old lady

So I have to say, not to brag, or be all egotistical...but I'm loving my new haircut. It makes me feel cute! And not...like Harry Potter. I've been told I look like Natalie Portman, Sinead O'Connor, and GI Jane. And I am more than ok with all of those comparisons.

So my horoscope for today (according to yahoo)said the following:
"Let your eyes and body language do your talking today. A lot can be communicated."
Um. Ok, horoscope...I think you may be leading me down a path of embarrassment and shame on this one. Look, I'm awkward enough when I open my mouth...but trying to communicate with body language? Pretty sure I'd send people running from me.

So the Soobs is very very sad and I don't quite know why. But basically, I dropped it back off at my house and took the sexy Buick again. I told my Dad I couldn't drive it and didn't feel comfortable driving it. So my Dad said he thought it was fine, but that I could leave it. So he drove it again the other day and told me...
DAD: Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with your car.
Well, I'm glad I'm not crazy. But I was pretty sure not going when I pressed the gas, lurching, sputtering, and shaking are not on the list of normal behaviors for a car.
I just wish I knew why the Soobs has turned so decidedly against me. The mechanic called me just now and told me he thought it was fine, he was driving it with no problems at all. Look, Mechanic...I don't need your sass. I am not crazy. My car is sad, you should make it happy. I don't care if you aren't experiencing problems when YOU drive it. I'M experiencing SEVERE problems when I drive it and I have drive home late at night through Roger's Park. Don't exactly want to break down there, so please please please fix my car. Thanks.

QUOTES OF THE DAY

ARIANA: Hey pot? it's kettle...it turns out, you're black. just letting you know.

DAVID: Phone books are so 1973.

AMY: Do you want to go ice skating Millennium park?
DAVID: No.

No comments: