Addleheading For Life

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Rolling Low and Driving Sexy

So I woke up this morning and wasn't sure who was the person in the mirror. That might sound deep and philosophical. It's not. It's pretty literal. When I looked in the mirror I was like, "What the crap?!...Oh wait, that's right...I cut my hair."
The hair cut is kinda "growing" on me (No pun intended. Oh wait, that's right...I always intend my puns. Pun intended. I am so bad at puns). I wasn't so sure about it last night, but I'm starting to like it more and more. My goal in getting this haircut was two-fold:
a) To not look like Harry Potter anymore and
b) To look a little more my age and not so much like a 13 year-old-skater-boy.
I'm not sure if I accomplished these things. Part of me should just resign myself to the fact I'll probably always look like a pre-pubescent teenage boy.
Well, Audra saw my hair and said I could pull it off just like Natalie Portman (best compliment ever).

So I drive a Subaru Forester. I know. So lesbian of me. Lately, the "Soobs" as I like to call it, has been acting up. And by acting up I mean shaking violently when I drive it and taking obscene amounts of time to accelerate. So we had it looked at and fixed, and though the problems were certainly not as dramatic...I was still having some issues. SO I dropped it off with my Dad to let him drive it for a few days to see if he could, in his ultimate Dad and manly wisdom figure out why the heck Soobs had decided to hate me.
While my Dad drove my car...I took to traveling the world in my brother's ('92-ish?)Buick Skylark.
This is the sexist car in the universe.
Size-wise, it's a half step away from being a yacht and one step away from being a Cadillac.
Maroon interior, maroon exterior, and two very large doors. Seriously, they are like the biggest doors ever...and because they're maroon-reddish they might as well be barn doors. Now, I'm little but I'm pretty strong for my size and it pretty much takes my whole body to open, close, or control these doors.
[DIVERSION OF BLOG POST: I'm at work, and this guy on the phone just called me "hon." Don't freakin' call me "hon." Nobody calls Amy "hon" and nobody puts Baby in a corner. And yes, I just quoted a movie that I loathe. What are you gonna do about it? It was necessary. Anyway. On with the blog post...]
Needless to say, it took me some time to get used to driving the Buick. Well, you don't so much drive a Buick as "pilot" it. I'm used to driving a Forester, which puts me a little higher off the road (great, because I'm so little) but with this car I had to get used to rolling low. Literally.
What a sexy sexy ride.
And you know what?
I was damn sexy driving it. I had to beat away the girls with sticks I was so sexy driving it. All the girls were like, "OMG, Amy...you are 10 kinds of sexy driving a car thats 20 kinds of sexy. Can we hop in your ride and roll low with you??"
OK, so maybe I actually looked like a little old lady would driving a Buick...hunched over the steering wheel, leaning forward, squinting at the road, driving with over-zealous caution. (Over-zealous caution...best word combo ever, or most oxymoronic word combo ever?)
Anyway. My Dad told me he thinks Soobs is fine so I went home today and switched back my beloved steed. The Soobs, honestly is not much sexier than the Buick. It's pretty much old-lady gold. But at least it's easy to drive. Hopefully, Soobs won't hate me anymore and will drive smoothly from now on.
That's my story.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
(An addition to the list "people Amy makes friends with"):
DAVID: d)the homeless.

Very true, David. Homeless, bearded men can also go on the list "people who want to be Amy's significant other" Here is that list in full:
a)Homeless, bearded men

No comments: