Addleheading For Life

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Head: Good For Smashing.






Counter where I smashed my head:

Look! My shoes are green! (Label indicating where exactly Maximus hit her head care of Jeff. Thanks, Buddy.)


QUOTES OF THE DAY

*I am printing tickets. Jeff is talking to me. I bend over to get the tickets and absolutely SMASH my head on the counter (see picture) and my head makes a horrible THUD noise. Jeff continues to talk to me than drifts off. He pauses*
JEFF: Was that your head?
*I sit there still stunned and seeing birds. I nod my head haphazardly*
JEFF: Oh. My. God.
*Jeff has to come over and grab my head in his arms and hold it to his bosom to keep my head from swirling*


Later....

JEFF: Man. You face-planted onto the counter.
Later...
JEFF: Hey, face-plant how's it going? That's what I'm going to call you from now on. Face-plant.

Later...
Jeff is standing at the box office window. I am counting my drawer. I am counting pennies.
ME: Sometimes counting is hard.
Jeff proceeds to crack up laughing.

Later...
JEFF: Hey, Amy. Remember this? *Jeff pounds the counter with his fist making a THUD noise*




CONCLUSION OF THE DAY: I NEED TO START WEARING MY BIKE HELMET ALL THE TIME IN EVERYDAY LIFE...

When cooking...



When showering...

Ahh! I'm not decent!


When hanging out with friends...

Aw, Molly I swear, I'm the same Amy I was before; they only difference is I have a large plastic sphere on my head. Don't be afraid! Please? Ever since I started wearing my helmet all the time you're my only hope for someone to love me.


When blogging...



Even when sleeping...

Hopefully Dogbear won't mind that my head is harder than it used to be and grown to five times its normal size. Sorry Dogbear. But you'll have to deal with it. I gotta cuddle something. My helmet isn't quite enough for me to feel totally comfortable and safe.


And especially when...

I feel so irresponsible having drunk before without a protective plastic case on my head.


~~~

Also...

COMING SOON TO A BLOG NEAR YOU...


The NAME THAT BIKE results post is in the works

Also...

Hopefully tomorrow I will post the the fourth installment of "Delivering Supplies to Union Soldiers" or "When 10 Year Old Amy Fancied Herself An Important Writer" in this edition, guest readers Jeff and Chicken read the story aloud with dramatical (yes, dramatical) results. In case you need to catch up, here are the previous installments:
INSTALLMENT 1 (At the bottom of the post)
INSTALLMENT 2
INSTALLMENT 3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that second video is a youtube classic to be...

hope you're not hospitalized!

Carly said...

I think instead of tagging this "Being a Dumbass," you should tag it "Life Lessons."

Hope it stopped hurting!