Addleheading For Life

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Meghan and Amy Doing What They Do Best

...being dorks.

Meghan and me did our little city gallivant the other night. Here are some pictures, stories and videos from our adventure:

King Lear statue outside Meghan's place of employment. Pretty cool, no?



I always end up bein' the camel. I guess you're asking for it when you carry a large blue backpack around:


I am an umbrella NINJA:




We found an awesome fountain by the river. It was cool. You could touch it. But not stand in it. Oops.


My wet foot-prints after wading in the fountain:


"Let's take a picture together in front of the fountain..."


"Ok. Wait, let's take a real picture...."


"Ok. This time...a really real picture..."


"Ok. For serious. A really real real picture..."


"Ok. Let's do a real goofy one..."


"Ok. One more..."


"Let's be cute one more time..."


GIANT fountain that shoots water over the river....


Let's take pictures with it!




CAMEL GIRL! (Hey, but be honest...if you were on Safari...you'd want me with you)


Now, presenting "Amy discovers the 'night' setting on her camera"...

Sans night setting:


With night setting...(please enjoy the following gorgeous pictures)










And Meghan and me played the....
THE SING WHATEVER SONG COMES TO YOUR HEAD GAME (And also dance accordingly)

It all started with us trying to figure out the proper way to do a box step, me randomly singing Gloria Estefan, and us deciding to make up a song called "Hobo Junction"...

ME: I KNOW! Let's play the "Sing Whatever comes to your head game!"

Cue Meghan and I walking along the river singing WHATEVER pops into our heads. I think we were singing "The Circle of Life" (after we had made it through "A Whole New World", "Rock Around The Clock", and "Hobo Junction") when we happened upon a boat...
ME: I'm the king of the world!!!!
(Meghan and I lock eyes and then AT THE EXACT SAME TIME...)
MEGHAN AND ME: Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime. You have come to show you...go on. NEAAAAARR FAAAAAAAR WHEREEVER YOU ARE!!!!!

Oh yes. I'm sure people thought we were high as flippin' kites. No. Sorry. We're just Amy and Meghan.

We started this at Navy Pier. We finally decided enough was enough (out of breath) when we got to Milennium Park. We probably also danced as we walked. Nobody really paid us too much attention, until I passed a couple standing by the river while singing (mayhaps too loudly)...
ME: Backstreets back, ALRIGHT! Bow bow bow bow bow bow Bow bow bow bow.
The dude whirled around and stared at me. Mayhaps he was about to blarn (makeout) with his girlfriend. And I ruined the moment. Oops.

This happened while we were trying to find the bathrooms:



Proper technique:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha.
Best night.
Wandering in and out of creepy warehouse buildings at midnight is always awesome. And normal.