Addleheading For Life

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

When Amy Met When Harry Met Sally

Don't you guys love when I'm on Spring Break? My blog-age output increases by 67% (I made that number up).
Realistically, I have about a million things I should be doing right now, but it's Spring Break and since I can't be in Florida or Hawaii on a beach sipping a mojito, god dammit I am going to BLOG.

Today I did important things:
a) Laundry.
b) Watched When Harry Met Sally
c) Watched 3:10 to Yuma

Ok, let's talk about the stuff I don't have much to say about first:
a) Laundry: Now I have socks. And the peasants rejoiced.
c) 3:10 to Yuma: Good movie. I'm a sucker for smart-ish action movies. Also, I want to be a cowboy now. Also, movies like this only feed my super secret desire to be an action movie star, which I will never be. Because I am not hot like you have to be to be an action movie star. I am probably not hot enough to be any kind of movie star. Unless it were a movie about lesbians who look like Harry Potter...than I would most certainly be hot enough.

Ok. Now let's talk about the things I have a lot to say about:
b) When Harry Met Sally

So today I watched When Harry Met Sally for the first time, ever.
I know.
I know.
But you have to understand growing up as a disgruntled and confused heterosexual, I did not want to watch romantic movies as I was angry because I didn't identify with them. To me, all romance movies were stupid.
And I'm still not easily won over by most romance movies.
Mostly, romance movies make me roll my eyes.
BUT
When Harry Met Sally was very good.
Very funny, very cute and very lovable...even if they are straight.
This is my favorite part:

Mostly, because like Jack Black in The Holiday...this is my main method of trying to attract girls. Ridiculous, ridiculous humor.


My name is Amy.
I will talk in strange voices to try and make you my girlfriend.
Some girls will give you smoldering looks
Some girls will whisper sweet nothings in your ear
Some girls will just be sexy in general
That's not the way I roll.

No comments: