Addleheading For Life

Monday, March 03, 2008

Cooking With Magoo!

So since I'm on Spring Break and don't need to simply eat and make food as quickly as possible, I thought it might be a good idea to make something delicious tonight. 'Cause hey, I like delicious things and I like to cook.
So I found this recipe for Sausage and Chickpea Stew.
I decided to make that. With my own pazazz of course because in life I don't believe in following the recipes. Such an attitude has led to the creation of some of my best dishes. It has also led to some of my most unfortunate dishes. What sort of dish would manifest tonight?
Let's find out...


Now, I really like to cook with wine, but quite often between cookings, my wine goes bad. Good thing I found this: A four pack of crappy Sutter Home little itty-bitty wines! Practical AND classy!


Crappy Sutter Home little itty-bitty wines: Good for cooking purposes so you don't have to buy a whole big bottle and use 1/8 and then let the rest go bad...


GREAT when you're not feeling classy enough for glasses.


Oh dear, wine. I see there is a reason you're called "crappy" Sutter Home little itty-bitty wines. You should probably just stick to your cooking purposes and not your unclassy purposes.


Mmm...stew. Looks pretty, no? Even if it tastes like crap, at least some where along the line it was pretty.


I got an idea! It's called "let's throw this stew over some hot and awesome polenta!"


Put it all together, sprinkle some cheese on top and Voila!

Now, I know what you're thinking..."Gee Amy, it sure LOOKS great. But how does it TASTE?! How does it TASTE?!"

I'm so glad you asked...



The first bite.


Tastes like a thumbs up to me!


How rude of me to not offer you some! Here, have a bite!



Now the only question left is: how will it pair with the crappy Sutter Home little itty-bitty wine???


Not feeling classy enough for glasses, I say, "Cheers! And Bottoms up!" a la a drunken raid on a Las Vegas hotel mini bar. (And later I'm going to be married by Elvis).


No dice. I'll just stick with the stew, thanks.




QUOTE OF THE DAY

YAHOO NEWS HEADLINE: Kid Rock pleads not guilty to battery in Waffle House fight

No comments: