Addleheading For Life

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Composed Upon The Day After St. Patrick's Day

So...since my last post I've basically learned that St. Patrick was probably a huge a jerk.

Great.

Just, great.

I suppose the next thing you're going to tell me is that Christopher Columbus didn't discover America and make BFFs with the Native Americans.

Psh. I know what's written in the history books. Don't tell me history is rewritten by the powerful elite. Because books don't lie. I mean, how could they...they're books!?




...Christmas is cool though, right? I can keep Christmas, right?? RIGHT?!? Oh please don't tell me baby Jesus was actually a racist who berated and beat the crap out of the inn keeper after he was born and then punched out an innocent goat who happened to be in the stable with him.

WAIT!

OMG!
SANTA?!??
THE EASTER BUNNY?!
THE TOOTH FAIRY?!!!!!??????????
...ARBOR DAY MAN???

They were all actually communists, weren't they?


My world is crashing down.
Excuse me now I must ball into the fetal position under my desk and cry.











I apologize for the above post. It's eary and I haven't had enough coffee yet.

In other news...I'm sitting right by the lake and I can't see it because of the fog. Whoa.



In other other news...methinks tis the hour for mas coffee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, St. Patrick is credited for two things:

1) Bringing Christianity to Ireland

and 2) Driving all of the snakes and toads out of Ireland.

Doesn't sound like a jerk to me. Who wants snakes and toads all around?

Carly said...

See what Jeff said?! He brought Santa to all the little Irish lads and lassies!

David A said...

I was actually going to respond about St Patrick yesterday...but i didn't want to be the one who always hurts your heart. Glad Anonymous took care of it.