Addleheading For Life

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Hey! It's Experiment Time.

Ok, so this "finding abother lesbian" thing is going to make me really fat. I went to dinner with my pal Meghan last night in Andersonville, which is a huge gay area. We got ice cream later and this super cute girl was working behind the counter. I'm not sure if she was gay or not, but I gave her my cutest smile, made good eye contact and asked for a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of chocolate in a waffle cone. She, in turn, made good eye contact with me, gave me an adorable smile and handed me an ice cream cone. Three strikes and I think I'm in love. Gotta love a girl who deals in ice cream.

So, this one works at an ice cream shop, the other Lez Magoos hang out a coffee shop and any further stakeouts could leave my slim figure...not so slim.

So I've decided to do a little experiment...For the sake of science. For the sake of entertaining the folks that read this blog. For the sake of the small part of me that believes maybe this girl I saw last night possibly thought I was cute too...

I am going to post a missed connections ad on craigslist. I will post any responses I get to the missed connections ad here. I'm sure we will all be thouroughly entertained. Because I should also mention that the "missed connections" area on craigslist, particularly the women4women section is where I go after a bad day to have a good and hearty laugh as it is full of drama and broken dreams.

Ok?
Let the games begin. Here is the ad I posted:

Cute Ice Cream Tender - w4w - 21 (Andersonville)
I saw you last night at an ice cream shop on Clark St. in Andersonville. You were working behind the counter and made up my scoop of chocolate/scoop of strawberry in a waffle cone. You should know that I thought you were very cute. Your smile melted my little heart faster than soft serve left in the sun.

So we'll see what kind of response this gets. 37 year-olds from California? Random Latin gay men from the Lake front? Absolutely no one?
Only time will tell.
Tune into, Confusing Ideas Since 1986, for all the gory details. Because I'm sure they will be very gory. And by gory I mean crazy.

WORD OF THE DAY
So I found this word today while I was looking up "behind" to make sure I spelled it correctly for my craigslist ad. I can never remember if there's an "e" on the end of "behind" or not...
There's not.
BEECHNUT (n): the nut of a beech.

And now. In a sentence:
Hey! Watchout! That guy just threw a beechnut at your head.


QUOTE OF THE DAY:
(After a long, grotesque discussions about the TV show Dirty Jobs, the episode where the host went to a water treatment plant, aka the place where all the poop goes.)
MEGHAN: (Before taking a sip of water. Water thats been likely "treated" at a water treatment plant. An epiphany, very serious) Poop is part of our lives, Amy. (Pause) (Pause) Well, that was profound. No duh poop is part of our lives. Amy, did you know poop was a part of our lives, seeing as how, oh, I don't know...everyone poops!

...I should mention that anyone who uses the word "poop" in conversation should know that it will probably end up in the quote of the day section. I find the word "poop" hilarious and as an adult I don't get to use it nearly as much as I would like. I have to use words like "feces" or "the results of a bowel movement" instead of poop. And it's tiring. I find the actual word, poop, very refreshing. It has often in the past made a quote of the day appearance and will continue to do so in the future. So if poop offends you...you better start reading a different blog. Because I'm also friends with Meghan who is just as fascinated with the word as I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. Poop.

Okay I don't have time to read about your stake-out at the coffee shop right now, but I shall...
also, you really shouldn't have announced you're going to post a missed connection.

Anonymous said...

oo, strawberry and chocolate...good choice!!

Anonymous said...

And a year later, we still discuss poop when hanging out at coffee/ice-cream shops in gay city neighborhoods. YES!