Addleheading For Life

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Quentin Tarantino Saves Judaism

Ok, look.

I have the weirdest dreams. Ever. Don't believe me?

Ok.

The other night I had a dream that I had to save Judaism. And the dream was in the style of Quentin Tarantino.

Um. Yeah. I don't get it either.

Basically, I somehow had to save Judaism. I'm not sure exactly how but it had something to do with the script to Reindeer Games. Yes. Reindeer Games. Yes. Reindeer Games the crappy action movie with Ben Affleck and Gary Sinese. I've never even SEEN Reindeer Games. I haven't even HEARD the title Reindeer Games probably since it came out it 2000.

Um. Yeah. I still don't get it either.

Ok. So I had to take the script of Reindeer games from this old sage (I'm not sure if she was Jewish or not, I would assume so, since...after all...I am trying to save Judaism) to this other place...and then for whatever reason BACK to the old sage for safe-keeping, so she could destroy it or something to protect/save Judaism.

And the bad guys? The bad guys were the Palestinians. Duh.

So I get the script from the sage, to the other place (I don't remember where but getting there involved luging (yes, luging the WINTER Olympic sport) down a gravel driveway. And back to the stage, all the while with the Palestinians on my tail.

Um. Yeah. I still don't get it either.

So, I get the script back to the sage and she takes it to destroy and right then the Palestinians bust through the door. They look like they're walked right out of Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, except they're buffer, Palestinian, and have kind of a biker-look going. No joke.

Could I make this crap up?

So they walk through the door, and the old sage had been cooking dinner or maybe potions or something and I take note of all the boiling crap on the stove. I look at it, and think, "Man, I hope those boiling liquids aren't going to be used in this fight that's about to happen. What am I thinking? This is Quentin Tarantino OF COURSE they're going to be used. This is probably going to be really painful."

So then what starts is a hardcore ass-kicking. Mostly, me getting the snot beat out of me, pot of boiling liquid flying, classic Tarantino chains whipping at me. Nuts. I think somehow, the sage got away.

But the next thing that happened in the dream was me, coming out of the hospital room. For whatever reason, when I saw this I wasn't the person I was throughout the whole dream, and I saw this part as if I was watching a movie.

When I walked out of the room...I was Seann William Scott.

Yeah. I know. I...I...still...don't...get...it.

Um. That's where it pretty much ended. Not sure if I saved Judaism or not. I would assume I did since I wasn't dead. The sage musta kicked some Palestinians butt after I got knocked out.

I am sometimes scared of the things that happen in my brain. This is only one of many, many, many strange dreams. I dream about odd things, I dream on multiple levels, from multiple points of view. My dreams are always very sensational (ie: luging down a gravel driveway...I remember seeing things go by quickly, I remember it being bumpy. ie: getting the crap kicked out of me. I wasn't in the amount of pain I would have been if I actually had been beat up, but I do remember feeling discomfort)

It freaks me out.

I think I'm going to call up Quentin Taratino and tell him I got a great idea for a new movie: Seann William Scott Saves Judaism.

WORD OF THE DAY
LUGE: a one- or two-person sled for coasting or racing down a chute, used esp. in Europe.

And now. In a sentence:
It is probably a bad idea to luge down a gravel driveway. Just a thought.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
So the Breast Cancer 3-Day came through Mt. Prospect today. I work at a building right off the route. A woman came in to use our bathroom. As she's leaving...
ME: Good luck with the rest of the walk. I really appreciate what you guys are doing.
LADY: I appreciate your bathroom.

Aw. Can you feel the love?

No comments: