Addleheading For Life

Friday, January 04, 2008

If You Tie Your Dog To A Post Outside Of Starbucks...

...I will take a picture of it.


This was the first dog I met. He was wearing a sweater.


Here is another picture of the stylish sweater wearing pooch. (I think he's better dressed than me) (He was also a rhinestone studded collar).


The sad thing about this dog was that he had no sweater. And he was shaking out in the cold. Really. I was sitting inside and could literally see his skin shivering.


Here is another picture of the cold dog. I never thought I would hear myself say this: but will someone please put that dog in some human clothes? Or give him a blankie?

These pictures also illustrate why I love dogs: because from the second they're tied up to the minute their owner comes back they sit there and watch the door their human went into. And if they can see inside the store, they watch their owners every move. And when the owners come back. They get really excited. If you had a cat on a leash and tied him or her up outside of Starbucks while you went inside to get your latte I'm pretty sure by the time you got back your cat will either:
a) Not be there
or
b) Ignore you for the rest of the day and possibly refuse to walk home with you.
Which is probably why you don't see a lot of people walking their cats. I mean I know cat leashes exist, and I'm pretty sure many cat owners have bought them hoping to bond with their cats through walks in the park and jaunts by the lake only to be severely dissappointed.
Don't you know?
Cat's are way too good to be walked around on a leash.
If you want to walk something on a leash, you should get a dog.
Or, as we've learned...a rabbit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww...look at the dog in blackface!