Addleheading For Life

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh No, Duck!!

So, I'm sitting here in the gorgeous new "Information Commons" that my school just built. It's a brand new building with loads of cushy chairs to sit in, computers, tables, and places to plug up laptops. It's situated literally right on the lake and is pretty much made of windows, so you can imagine the beautiful view it offers. In fact, I am sitting in front of the lake as I type right now, but luckily nice and snug and warm. I took some pictures a few days ago and today that I'll post up later to show you what I mean. It's so pretty.
But pretty things can sometimes be distressing.
Case and point...right now I am sitting looking out at the semi-frozen lake and what do I see but a little duck swimming in the lake.
DUCK!
Are you stupid??
What happens if the lake decided to freeze over while you are swimming in it???
Well, I got bad news for you my friend...you are stuck until Spring.
AND if I saw you get frozen in the lake, well I would just have to come out there with a saw and get you out. Don't worry, I would just saw around you in the ice and then take you inside and put you in a bathtub full of warm water. I would't like...amputate your legs or anything (yes, I've thought about this).
BUT DUCK, here's the thing...I weigh way more than you. And not that I wouldn't come out there to get you but "hypothermia" isn't on my list of things to do right now.
So please, just get out the the damn lake. It's too cold to be swimming!! You are not impressing the ladies by jumping into a freezing lake, dude (it was a male duck) nobody cares. In fact, we all think you must be a little attention deprived.
DUCK!!!
Get out of the lake!!
Seriously, it's all I have right now not to get up and start pounding on the windows. I've only got two more semesters of school though, I've hid my insanity this long I can't afford to be thrown out now for lost marbles...

...I should go do some homework. And maybe move away from the window. But the building is made of windows!! NOOOO!!! *Insert Dramatic Meltdown Here*


Um. This is may or may not be my new favorite song. It's absolutely beautiful:

Ben Harper. "Happy Everafter in Your Eyes"
Uh. I love it. It's one of those songs that just grabs me in my gut. Go ahead, make fun of me. But you can't deny that it's not a great song.
Aw. So good. I've started listening to Ben Harper quite a bit. He's really good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As sad as it is to see a duck frozen in the water, you should just leave it there. I once had an outdoor education instructor inform me that it's called survival of the fittest. If the duck was dumb enough to swim in water that was freezing, then he deserves to get what's coming his way.

Isn't that awful? But, in a way, true. What a quandary...

And yes, that song is AmAzInG!

Anonymous said...

Okay two things:

Love the song, cant stand to watch that man sing it. Over-acting.

I was going to be upset that you assumed the duck was straight and trying to impress girl ducks--i thought you were more sensitive than that. BUT then I realized that the duck was using ridiculously stupid methods to impress and realize that it was indeed a straight duck. Survival of the fittest indeed.

Anonymous said...

If that was that duck's method of impressing girl ducks, then it was a straight frat duck.

No sane straight duck would find that to be a smart move.

David A said...

Oh btw...lots of updates to the photo blog...run don't walk!