Addleheading For Life

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Profuse Apology. And Several Excuses.

I am so sorry for several things.

a) That the webshow is not posted yet.
b) That I haven't blogged in almost a week.
c) That I still have yet to bringsexyback.


I have no excuses. Well, wait...actually I do. There are as follows:

1. This week I started teaching my very own class at the studio. It is called "Little Thespians". We are doing fun things like making scenery, costumes, props and programs that will culminate with a performance on Friday. We will perform stirring renditions of "Goldilocks and the Three Hares" and "The Tortoise and The Hare." I had my first class yesterday. So far it's going pretty well. My favorite part is putting them through acting exercises and warm ups because its pretty much the most hilarious thing in the world. A group of 5-7 year olds doing "Little Face/Big Face"?? Pretty priceless if you ask me. It is also pretty hilarious that they pretty much copy any and everything I do. Case and point- today I was making random noises/sounds/words while doing accompanying body motions. I had them all following me for solid minute and a half before some little kid piped up and said, "Hey! That's not English!" We also pretend to be animals. Today we were pandas. We sat our asses on the floor and ate bamboo. None of us could stop giggling. Obviously, I can't post pictures of the kids but I will try to take some shots of the scenery they painted and maybe some of their costumes too.

2. I'm currently dog sitting for Mrs. Yueill. This involves staying at her house. Which means I'm not home as much to blog and edit webshows. I will post a picture of her dog soon because she's pretty much the cutest dog ever. Abby (the dog) is pretty much a sweetheart but not too trusting of people outside her immediate family. For whatever reason, she decided she liked me so now I get to take care of her sweet puppy face. I was over there last night and together we watched an episode of "Animals Cops: Miami". I may or may not have cried. If you'd seen the episode with Buddy the brown Dachshund who survived living on a horrible puppy farm and had parasites and was nothing but skin and bone and had an pneumonia and was so sick he could barely hold up his head and had an 80% chance of non-survial, you'd probably cry too. Anyway. Last night we had some serious storms roll through while I was sitting with Abby watching TV. Abby doesn't like storms too much and I don't either. My preferred method of dealing with storms is too ignore them. Abby's was to bark at them. We got through them, though. I was starting to settle in for the evening, turn out the lights, and generally hunker down when round two of storms came through. These bad boys blew out the power. I had a momentary lapse of fear. It is sorta scary being in someone else's house when the power goes out but I'm sure you'll all be happy to know I gained my composure. Good thing too. Because as soon as I curled up on the couch to sleep and Abby came right up on the couch and laid down RIGHT on top of me. So adorable. We stayed like that for a while before she decided she was calm enough to go sleep on her ottoman across from me.

3. I preparing to go back to school. This means I've spent my spare time:
a) Color-coding my planner with my class times (I know, I know, I know...OCD)
b) Trying to find a class to replace that 8:15 photography class I thought was a good idea. While I was very sad to see it go, I don't live in the city anymore and must commute from the 'burbs. An 8:15 class would be a severe setback for my plan to not drive to school.
c) Getting further in debt aka paying for school aka applying for loans.
I must say, if it were up to me I would start school tomorrow. I miss it so much. What's that? You want to know what classes I am taking? I would LOVE to tell you:
-Intro to Theatrical Design. This got lost in the shuffle of transferring/taking what I could when it was offered. Probably should have been in this class freshman or sophomore year. Oops. I like art and drawing but math/measuring/technical drawing ain't my forte. I am a tad apprehensive about this class. Maybe that's why I put it off so long. Oops.
- Movement for the Actor. So excited for this. If I were to say to me, "Amy, what do you move like?" I would say: "An Intoxicated and/or Graceless Squirrel." I am looking forward to removing the "intoxicated" and "graceless" part of my squirrel-ness out my movement and generally just be more conscious of how my body moves, especially in regards to performing.
- Chief American Writers 1865-Present. Yay finding something decent to replace Photography! Yay reading fabulous works of literature!
- Dramatic Literature II. Yay reading plays!
- Poetry Writing. I love poetry. I love writing. This class is going to be so awesome. In FACT I've been meaning to post this:

i carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

Alas, I cannot take credit for that amazing piece of poetry. It is by one mr ee cummings and reading it makes me swoon. First of all, for its content and second of all for its...I mean I can't explain it! Just read it and you'll know what I mean. Maybe one day I will write poetry like ee cummings (right).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amy! I love ee cummings, too! in fact, I credit my lowercase "k" in my name to his refusal to capitalize.

I'm coming into the city for the weekend! bug davyd to come hang out with michelle and me on friday! we'll have fun!

-kClare