Addleheading For Life

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Going Back To School, Or: My Post Man Is Going To HATE Me

...cause I ordered books from Amazon to save money.
...and I buy 'em used to save money.
...and they may or may not being coming in like...20 different shipments.
Oops.
Sorry post-man. I will bake you cookies at Christmas. Because you're seriously going to HATE me. I feel a little bad about it.

You want to know something hilarious about buying all my books used on amazon?
I paid like 64 bucks total for all of my books. (Which includes no less than 15 plays and like...5-6 novels). 64 bucks for 20-ish books is nothing. At the bookstore I would have payed well over double.
Now...guess what I paid for shipping? Keep in mind I'm paying for each vendor to ship their used books to me separately...
Ready for it?
62 bucks in shipping. The shipping ended up costing 2 dollars less than the actual books.
Seriously.
Now, I am WELL aware that this borderline totally ridiculous and insane.
BUT it is STILL less than purchasing at the overpriced bookstore, where "used" just means "a dollar off" the already 12 dollar book. Um...no thanks. I will happily pay 99 cents for a book and 4 dollars to ship it. Somehow, in this wild and wacky world THAT saves me money.

Sorry post man. At least none of them are hardcovers...right? And at least I already have my Shakespeare complete works...right?


QUOTE OF THE DAY

I am on the phone with Sara, she is eating cold pizza which she tells me tastes bad. She then says she's going to put in the microwave. I hear her open the microwave door...
SARA: Taste less like crap and more like pizza!

No comments: