Addleheading For Life

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Holy Crap I Thought We'd Never See Her Again

So I found a bunch of old, long dead, doomed-to-live-in-the-digital-camera-forever, family photos. I came across this one:






It's STRAIGHT AMY!!!! HOLY HOLY CRAP. Long hair! A SKIRT!!???? And is that a hint of makeup I detect???!! Whaaaaaaaaaa?? I bet some of you thought I didn't even own a skirt. Well I do. I just owned it five years ago.

Aw. But have no fear. Gay Amy was set to come out of the closet in just a few short months. Haha. Looking at this picture now...I look so weird and awkward! I was probably very uncomfortable. I've never liked wearing skirts. I don't know what possessed me to wear a skirt. Probably because it was my brother's graduation and I felt like I had to. I also did not like wearing light-and-bright-pastel-y colors. I can remember when I bought that shirt on a shopping excursion with my mom. She allowed me to get a dark blue one, if I got the yellow one too. According to her bright colors brought out my face better. I also did not like wearing tank tops or anything that showed off my form or cut a little low. This ensemble is just the culmination of things I hated to wear!

In this picture it also becomes very apparent that I've always had the build of a 14 year old boy. Sweet.

Alas, alas...I tried so hard to be a "normal" girl.


But I was destined for lesbo-ness.


.....and there's not other way I would have it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is one of the weirdest things i've ever seen! and what is that you're holding?

Anonymous said...

hello amy! can i tell you something? this picture is on your gram's wall as we speak ( type?)

and i have some pictures of you in a bridesmaid dress that your fans might like? i can post them if you want ( you looked very nice too)
haha -- keep making me laugh girl!

Amy said...

I am holding chocolates that my Grandma brought for my brother.

Hahaha-Kelly I think at the time you got married I was already Gay Amy. I think my hair was red than too. It was a difficult phase for me..."I am gay...should I dye my hair red?" Answer: yes.