Addleheading For Life

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oh Happy Day! It's CONTEST TIME again! Start digging through your old pictures!

OLD MAN BAND This is a link to a blog my Dad publishes for his Old Man Band. I call them the Old Man Band because they change their name before every gig, so it's really the only way I can refer to them with any sort of consistency. And they're old. If you're curious, read ahead but do so at your own risk (seriously).

My Dad did post some awesome pictures on his sidebar of our old house in Edison Park. HERE is a direct link. We had a sweet front porch that my Dad decorated with homemade (Yes, that stuff is all done BY HAND) every year for Halloween. You may surmise two things from these pictures:
a) My Dad is pretty bad ass and probably could have been a scene designer for theatre/movies/TV. He made all that stuff without any formal training whatsoever. B-A-D-SPACE-A-S-S.
b) As a child (I lived in that house from birth to about 5) I was deathly afraid of my own house at Halloween time. Because in addition to the decorations my Dad also played scary sounds (like, blowing wind, people screaming, ghosts moaning, chains, heartbeats, thunder, ect). I could not go out on the porch by myself and was convinced the Ghouly Guys (what we called scary monsters) would come to life at night and eat my brains. I mean, really. But I was also the kid that insisted my mother take "The Berenstain Bear's Halloween" picture book out of my room at night after she read it to me because I was convinced the Ghouly Guys in the book would come to life, come out of the book and eat my brains. Clearly, I was making it much more difficult for said Ghouly Guys to eat my brains if they were on the other side of my not-all-the-way-closed bedroom door. Because Ghouly Guys can't figure out how to open doors that are not-all-the-way-closed. Right, 4 year old Amy. Right. Don't you know when fresh 4 year old brains are on the menu Ghouly Guys can not only open doors but bust them down with their bare, putrid, rotting Ghouly Guy arms????
...Well, I guess it all turned out fine. 'Cause sure as I'm blogging here today no Ghouly Guys came to life and ate my brains.
...or did they??

Since Halloween is coming up, maybe I'll find some pictures of my brother and me in our Halloween outfits and post 'em up. We had some pretty amazing Halloween costumes, I must say. I will also find some more of my Dad's decoration pictures 'cause I know there are more floating around ('cause I stole them) (shhh...don't tell him) (I was just worried he'd lose 'em 'cause he's a boy).

...there definitely needs to be some sort of Confusing Ideas Since 1986 Halloween Contest...
I'VE GOT IT!
Send me a picture of yourself in a Halloween Costume from when you were a kid, OR just your best/most hilarious Halloween costume from whatever age. Send them to me at this email address:
Magoo1001@gmail.com

Rules:
a) I know I don't need to say this but I'm going to anyway...Nothing nude or lewd. If you send such pictures to me (whether it's you or some special friend you found on the internet) I will take your email address and put you on the mailing lists of the most ridiculous websites I can find. I am not even kidding. Send me anything gross or obscene, I will reap my internet revenge and sign you up for the McCain/Palin newsletter, just to start.

b) Two pictures max per person.

c) You have to be ok with me posting the pictures on my blog. I will do my best to post a picture from everyone who sends me one.

d) Include your name (an alias is fine if you do not wish to be identified)(but make sure I know that you want me to use the alias), what you "are" in the costume, your age at the time of the photo, and if there is any sort of funny story behind the costume.

Sound good? Today is September 13th. Let's say have your pictures into me by...October 25th. Sound fair? I will post the pictures and winner on Halloween (which is October 31st in case you don't know). As always, some sort of ridiculous prize will go to the winner. IN FACT, if you are willing to give me your address I will SEND you your ridiculous prize.
Yes.
You heard right.
This time there will be a palpable, actual ridiculous prize if you send me your address.
I would encourage anyone and everyone to send me pictures: If you read this blog and I don't know you. If you read this blog and I do know you. If you're young. If you're old. If you were a cute kid. If you were the sort of kid who only fit in around Halloween...SEND ME YOUR PICTURES. This contest has some serious potential for AWESOMEOSITY. But YOU yes YOU I'm talking to YOU gotta send me your pictures.
If you're one of those people who dresses up their animals and wants to send me pictures of you dog/cat/alligator dressed up for Halloween that's ok too. But I need pictures.

I am very, very excited for this contest. I think it might be the best one yet.



QUOTE OF THE DAY

Meghan and I were talking about drunk text messages. She is sitting right next to me. She sends me this "drunk" text message...

MEGHAN'S TEXT: Whatdou kool in a pool? Dive in!

1 comment:

David A said...

hmm...guess i can't participate in your little contest...you know, cause I never dressed up for halloween. you know, cause we didn't celebrae halloween. So yeah...there's that.

What about the sad halloween story contest...I win!