Addleheading For Life

Sunday, December 02, 2007

I Want To Be The Next Samantha Brown, Except Less Annoying and Gay-er

You guys, I want to go to Europe.
So bad.
I did that thing I probably shouldn't do. I watched the Travel Channel. This channel is dangerous for me.
So I'm thinking if I win the lotto, I'll go after I graduate. I think next semester I'm going to take French as an elective and I've also signed up with the BBC to learn some basic stuff (they're going to email me lessons). I figure with the amount of Spanish I have under my belt I could definitely get by in Spain and probably stumble through Italy. So, if I learn some French I'll be golden. Because I'm not going to be that obnoxious American that shows up with a phrase book and:
a) Either butchers the language or
b) Walks up to everyone ans says, "Do you speak-a English?? EN-GLISH? I don't comp-ren-der your crazy foreign tongue. Can you point me in the direction of the nearest McDonalds? MAC-DONALDS. Like...burger? Like..yum, yum?"
If I'm going to Europe...I'm going to do it right.
Ha. If I go to Europe.
Well...one day. I think it's just easier to go when you're young and not so tied down to a job or other things. So after graduation would be the perfect time.
And can I just say, I am so jealous of Samantha Brown. I mean..I find her a little annoying, but here's this chick that gets to go all over the WORLD and gets PAID for it. I think if I were to get a Travel Show, where I could be myself...that would be the ultimate for me. It would be serious, but also crazy too. I wonder how you go about getting a Travel show. I would go so many places. I would go great places like Paris, and Sicily, and Venice, and Greece...but then I would have episodes where I would go to The World's Largest Pumpkin Farm or something. Or episodes where I would just go to a random person's house for dinner. Or episodes where I would just start wandering around to see what I could see. I would be a charming and good looking host. I bet I would be voted the hottest Travel show EVER. I think Globe Trekker is probably my favorite show on the Travel Channel. I could totally do that. I wonder if The Travel Channel accepts audition tapes...
That might be my dream job. A Travel Show that I could write, decide where to go and what to do. AND I would bring all my friends on my show with me. We would have adventures.
...at some point in my life I would also really like to ride on an elephant. I don't know why. Maybe that will happen in the trip to India episode.

AMY'S LOVE LETTERS
Dear Diet Pepsi,
In the words of the immortal Enrique Iglesias, "Maybe I'm addicted."
Love,
Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll go with you, straighter and dorkier
it could be a show