Addleheading For Life

Friday, December 07, 2007

The Classic Bad Day

Today was a straight up bad day. Not a bad day like now I'm all depressed about it, but a bad day where shit just happens and I'm sitting there saying, "Really? Now this too?"
Ok, so maybe it's not so bad, but here's a brief outline of my day:
a) I wake up sometime this morning, it was still dark outside and I know my alarm is set to go off at 6:00am. I have this habit of looking at the clock when I wake up in the morning, which really sucks because if I wake up at 5:05 and know I have to get up at 6:00...I won't be able to fall back asleep. This annoys me. So I wake up at some point during the morning and go to check the clock, but then say to myself, "No, Amy. Don't. You will probably get 20 more minutes of sleep if you don't. You are OCD and will have to get out of bed if you have less than an hour to sleep. We need to work on your OCD. Now turn over and sleep for as long as you possibly can like a normal person.
So I do.
I wake up later. It is light outside.
I know something is not right. I look at the clock...7:30am. My alarm did not go off. I overslept. I NEVER oversleep. So I know I'm pretty much in for a shitty day. So I literally jump out of bed, throw on clothes, don't have time to shower, pause long enough to throw some cereal in a bag and I'm out the door.
Luckily, here is where being OCD had it's benefits...because I am OCD and have to always arrive everywhere I go, early...I sill got to work with 30 minutes to spare. (If I would have used that 30 minutes to take a shower and cut it close with getting to work on time, I seriously would have been convulsing in the car...that's how OCD I am about being on time. Hey, at least I recognize I have a problem.)
b) So I arrive at work bleary eyed, bed headed, and smelly. I don't even think I changed my socks. GROSS. Dirty socks are the nastiest thing ever. I get to work and there's this mass mailing for our development deparment we're supposed to work on. Which basically involves, as most mass mailings do...labeling envelopes with addresses, folding letters, stuffing, and sealing. Not fun stuff and usually they have to be done and out as quickly as possible. So I get to work and me and the dude I was working with start cranking these mo'fos out, right? We get a lot done. A lot.
Then...Someone points out to me as I continue to stuff and seal that the letters have names and addresses on them. Names and addresses that correspond with their proper envelope.
Oh.
Shit.
Mass mailings usually never have this stipulation. And I didn't look carefully and just started folding, labeling, stuffung, and sealing as quickly as possible.
So now, not only did I spend the rest of the day carefully going through and binder clipping appropriate letters and envelopes...I also had to go back and open up allllll the "done" ones and re-alphabatize the letter and envelope.
Yeah.
Awesome.
c) When it was time for me to go home, I pulled my drawer and realized that my checks and cash did not match and that at some point I hit "check" on the computer instead of hitting "cash" so that messed up my drawer. (Basically, I reported having taken in more checks than I actually did and less cash than I actually did)
Awesome.
d) When I went to clock out I realized that I had forgotten to clock in.

Hopefully...I will still have a job tomorrow.
Haha. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day because tomorrow I work from about 8:30 in the morning until 10:00 at night. I'm a little scared.

Carly...remember how I said I was saving those chocolate covered Milanos?
Yeah...I'm devouring them as we speak.
Carly picked up some Chocolate covered Milanos for me and I highly recommend you go out and track some down because they might just be more amazing than ice cream.
Apparently, they're limited edition cookies...
Which begs the question: "Would they have retained more value if I had kept them in their orginal packaging and not...in my stomach?"
Oh well.
Apparently all limited edition means in cookie world is that they charge you more for them and only give you seven.
Seven?
Really??
I can eat seven Milanos in one sitting Pepperidge Farm! What are you trying to do to me? Make me a freakin' addict?

No comments: