Addleheading For Life

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Woman Show Pictures

So here are some picture from my little one woman show I did. Some of them are better than others.
The performance went really well. I could not have been more excited and happy with how it turned out and I'm really looking forward to working on it more in the future. Yay!

Anyway. Here's the little blurb I wrote for the program in case you care to read:

TITLE: Preacher’s Daughter

Angelia R. Wilson is currently a lecturer at the University of Manchester in England. However, she grew up in Texas as a preacher’s daughter. Under the strict southern ideals of the Bible Belt, Angelia came of age and came out as a lesbian. She has since authored and researched much on queer politics, with special attention to her home in the South. The basis for this performance comes from Angelia’s book, Below the Belt. For this book, Angelia traveled all around the south interviewing different people to understand the intersection of religion and sexuality in Bible Belt. This performance presents a small portion of her interviews and discoveries.

QUESTION: What is the relationship between Christianity and homosexuality in the South? What are the stereotypes? What are the complexities?

I got to wear a cowboy hat.
I got to have an attitude.
I got to speak with a Texas accent.


PICTURES!!! AWAAAAAAAAAY...


Do I look all right?


Good morning!


For gay men we've got...'Girly' 'Skinny little things' 'squirrelly looking with long hair on top, pleated pants and a funny voice'


She got to her problem. She had fallen in love...with a woman.


There are still those who struggle very deeply with who they are.


Wasn't easy to tell my parents I was gay.

No comments: