Addleheading For Life

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Few Things

I'd like to tell you that there are few things better in life than sitting with one of your closest friends by the lake on a gorgeous (though windy) day and talking about everything from love to the waves to Chicago to poop. If you think I'm kidding. You clearly don't know me and my pal Meghan.

Also, I need to tell you guys a story about today. It starts as most great stories do with the words, "So I was putting on my underwear."
Ready?
Here it goes...
So I was putting on my underwear this morning and I went to put my leg through the little leg hole and missed. This caused my foot to catch on my underwear and for me to lose my balance. In order to not fall over completely, bare-assed and holding my underwear I steadied myself by immediately slamming my foot to the ground. But when I did this I didn't land so much on my foot as I did my pinky toe. Um. It hurt. Real bad. It still hurts. Now, I'm not general bitchy and whinny but I actually think it's as hurt as it can be without being broken. My name is Amy. I am so extra special that sometimes something as simple as putting in underwear can not only be a challenge but be dangerous as well.


So, I housesit for these pretty cool people: Sharon and Logan. They are pretty much awesome in every way. Good people. Good artists. Just all around fab-ness and two people I just really look up to. ANYWAY. The other day Sharon was telling me something about love and in this speech she gave me about love she said something about me needing a blue wool suit. I told her I agreed with everything she said, but had to ask, "why a blue wool suit?" here is what she said:
"All dykes need a well tailored blue wool suit. It can be worn anywhere, dressed up, dressed down, converse and t-shirt, black shoes and white button down, New York, Europe. Look at Ellen, she is always wearing navy blue suit pants, everyone loves her and she owns the world. Just go to Bananna Republic and ask if they have a petit section. You'll never be sorry."
I'm sorry but that's just fabulous.
And she's sold me. Now I need to find a well tailored blue wool suit.



QUOTES OF THE DAY

Voice and Diction class. We are warming up and giving each other massages (best class every, btw). Nan, the professor has maybe one of the nicest speaking voices you've ever heard. It's just very melliferous and that's about the only way to describe it:
NAN: Yes. Really give them a nice massage...work your way down either side of the spine. Gooooood. (we're all very relaxed at this point because aside from the fact we're getting massages, Nan has a very calming voice) (pause) (pause) It's important, class, to get a life partner that knows how to give good back rubs.

No comments: