Addleheading For Life

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Maybe I Should Devote My Life To Ducks...

So tonight, I went to this huge park by my house. It's got a trail thats probably a mile long that wraps around it for bikers/runners/walkers/ect and in the middle of the huge park is a pond. I went there tonight to read and eat my dinner since it was so nice out. I set up my blanket out of the sun, in the shade of some trees, in a little secluded area right off the trail, where I could see the pond.

The pond was loaded with ducks. Even better the pond was loaded with baby ducks. There had to be, at the very least, six different "families." Some of the ducks were very little, others were a bit bigger.

Anyway.

I'm sitting, and I'm there about an hour when all the sudden I hear the bushes about twenty feet away from my rustle. I look over and out pops a mama ducks. She's quickly followed by two baby ducks. They, especially the mama, take a good long look at me. I don't move and stay real quiet and they start to approach me. They get maybe 10 feet away from me and the mama duck quacks and three more ducks pop out the bushes. The hoard starts moving toward me again and the mama duck quacks some more and even more baby ducks pop out of the bushes.

So now the mama duck and all her little babies are coming toward me. They get about three feet away from me. Then they just look at me a while. The mama duck quacks, and they all turn around and head for the pond.

...So I guess this means my deepest suspicions are true and my purpose in life is to devote my life to ducks....
So ducks...get ready to have my life devoted to you.
I'm here for you little buddies. Even if you want to just stare at me and quack.

No comments: