Addleheading For Life

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful/Not Thankful: A List

So it's Thanksgiving. A day to give thanks. It seems like a good idea to list the things I'm thankful for. Mostly, 'cause I haven't had to list the things I'm thankful for since like...5th grade. If this were a sheet of paper and not a blog it would probably be accompanied by a hand-trace-turkey with different colored finger feathers...

Ok. So here are the things I am thankful for:

1. In keeping with the traditional sense of thanksgiving I will say that I am thankful I am not dead. And thankful that I do not have smallpox. And that indians have not taken my scalp.

2. I am thankful I am not a pilgrim.

3. I am thankful, oh so thankful, that I am done with school in two weeks. Like, for undergrad good done. I am thankful for my education and I am thankful that I now get to put that education to work. I am thankful for all the opportunities that are before me.

4. I am thankful for A Muppet Christmas Carol. And the fact that the whole thing is on youtube. I am especially thankful for this song in A Muppet Christmas Carol:

It's true where ever you find love it feels like Christmas....

5. I am thankful that I can now listen to Christmas music!

6. I am thankful for the many special people in my life. Friends. Family. Blog Readers. Life is more beautiful with you in it.

7. I am thankful for laughter. All the time. Every day.

8. For Christmas. For lights and trees and decorations. Christmas makes me feel fuzzy and happy and peaceful.

9. I am thankful for Jimmy John's. I am thankful for their tuna sandwich and their jalapeno chips. I am thankful they are two blocks away from work. I am thankful they deliver. Subs so fast you'll freak.

10. I am thankful for Obama. And the hope he's brought to the country.

11. I am thankful for puppies.

12. I am thankful for the small simple moments that make me heart and soul happy. Like seeing an autumn tree lit by sunlight.

13. I am thankful for little kids who insist on calling me, "Jamie".

14. I am thankful for my comfy bed. Inside my warm house. I am thankful for my dogbear, who is my night time snuggle buddy.

15. I am thankful for my brain. And that I don't have to thing about using my lungs or pumping my heart. Thanks, brain! You're pretty swell too, spinal cord, thanks for keepin' brain in touch with the bod!

16. I am thankful for art. Art is like my glasses, I'd be sorta blind without it, bumpin' into crap and squinting my way through life. Theatre. Theatre. Theatre. Writing. Poetry. LORCA. DUENDE. I AM THANKFUL FOR DUENDE. Music. Oh music. Painting. Drawing. Creativity. I am happy these things exist.

17. I am thankful for potential.

18. I am thankful for love. LOVE. Love for life. Love for people. Love. Love. Love. It's why I get out of bed in the morning.


And just so we're clear...

Things I am NOT thankful for:

1. People who are unkind and disrespectful to others.

2. Poorly designed parking garages (seriously) (they make me so mad)

No comments: