Addleheading For Life

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fierce Firey Amy (Apparently)

So my pal David sent me a facebook message this morning.

The subject of it was:
Um...this is how fierce you are btw...

And inside the message was this video:


So I sent him a message back that said:
Seriously...you think I'm that fierce???

He said:
Even more than that.

And then I felt pretty dang good because "fierce" and the ability to ninja up walls would not be things I'd put on the list of "Amy Assets".
Thanks, David! This made my morning.


Also not on that list?
Firey.

But apparently...

So, withhold your "Ugh, theatre people are SO WEIRD" reaction and go with me for just a moment...
So I'm in this movement class. And we've been doing some "elemental" work, which basically means running around the room (or being very still) as air, water, earth, and fire. It's a way to think about movement, to think about how characters move, what moving as those elements does to your body and to your internal emotion.
Yeah?
Yeah.
So, before we started this, I thought..."I'm such an earth person. I'll be all over that, that'll feel real good to me. I'm grounded. Duh. Certainly not airy and Lord know I don't know my hips exist so why the hell would I be water?"
But then came the fire day.
And that felt way more awesome than being a tree.
Or air.
Or a river.
Please. Continue to withhold your, "Ugh, theatre people are SO WEIRD. What the hell is that shit ABOUT?" feeling that I KNOW is going through your head right now. Be honest. How do I know it's going through your head right now?
'Cause it goes through my head on a pretty regular basis too....
"Um, you want me to what, professor? Stand in front of the class and be the flame of a candle?? Um...ok. If you say so."
(Yeah Dad, that's what tuition is paying for.)
ANYWAY.
Since doing the elements we've moved onto other stuff...namely, colors. We had a day where we made paintings out of movement. That day was pretty badass. Now, over halfway through the semester, we've started working again with words (cause I hear those are important onstage) and how they relate to and/inform movement. And what sounds "move" like.
Yeah?
Yeah.
ANYWAY.
I had a meeting with my movement professor today, to talk about where I'm at in the class, for her to give me some feedback, what I'm having trouble with- that sort of deal.
And she said to me, "There's fire in everything you do."

"There's fire in everything that you do."
What?
Seriously?
Me?
FIRE?!?

Hm.

...I'm ok with that.

Muahahahahahahaha...
Look OUT. Apparently, I'm fierce and firey.
Whoa.


Reminder again:
Halloween pictures to me at:
Magoo1001@gmail.com
Multiple pictures? A-Ok.
Pictures of your dogs dressed up? A-Ok.

SEND 'EM IN! SEND 'EM IN! SEND 'EM IN!

No comments: