Addleheading For Life

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Excuse Me, Is That a Tattoo on Your Face?

So...
I have bizarre dreams.
This is not news.
When I'm stressed/nervous/tense they're usually about ten times more bizarre.
So last night, while I wasn't totally stressed, the stress was running out of my body (and can now be felt in every place of my back).
One recurring dream I have is that I, in a fit of mental instability, get a tattoo and then am later very angry at myself, because, I don't know if you're aware but those things don't come off. I spend the rest of the dream fretting about the permanence of my inked skin. Because, usually, it's some place awkward...like my hand.
But last night was the most awkward place of all...my face.
I got some weird sort of skyline on the side of my FACE.
I know.
I am crazy. Well aware, thanks.
So in the dream, I get this tattoo and while I'm getting it (and feeling the "tingly" on my face from the tattoo needle (yup, seriously)) I'm thinking, "this was the best idea EVER."
Then I look at the tattoo in the mirror.
And I don't remember what I wanted, but it wasn't what I wanted. It's some form of a bo-jank skyline.
I was really upset.
And when I got the tattoo and went to pay the artist she was like, "That will be 480 dollars please." I was like, "Really?" She's like, "Face tattoos are expensive." So I HAD to pay because the tattoo was already on my face and then I'm literally so upset I feel sick because:
a) I was like, "Well, guess I'm not going to Ireland anymore since I bought this 500 dollar face tattoo"
b) "This tattoo is really ugly and now is on my face forever."
c) "Holy shit my mom is going to be so pissed at me." (My mom makes random dream appearances, while I always understand that she is "dead", for some reason, sometimes she's just there. I guess to be like, "Why the hell did you get a face tattoo??")
d) "Yikes, I don't have the money to pay for tattoo removal and neither does Dad. Also...I don't have health insurance anymore WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

AND THEN in the dream I was like, "Well Amy, you've really done it this time. I mean you've had dreams where this has happened before, but this is real life now. This is not a dream. Because if it was you'd have woken up already. Nope, this is real life. Guess you've got a tattoo on your face forever. Genius."

I spent the rest of the dream trying to hide the one half of my face a la Phantom of the Opera.

Needless to say, I was so very happy when I actually woke up and discovered the side of my face was NOT tattooed with a weird skyline and in fact just my normal Amy face.

All that said, I'd like to go ahead and take a poll. You know. Just in case...
POLL: Would you still love Amy if she had a face tattoo?
a) Absolutely not.
b) It would depend on the tattoo.
c) Of course. I love Amy for her sparkling personality and not her poorly chosen body art.

2 comments:

Carly said...

C

Anonymous said...

i might still love you, but i wouldn't hang out with you in public places